Web Accessibility in Higher Education - The Final Conference
On the October 20th, 2020, IAAP Nordic hosted an online event to present the insights, recommendations and good practice examples brought forward by the project Web Accessibility in Higher Education.
The theme for the conference was how to best promote web accessibility education in higher education. The aim was to share how web accessibility can be better integrated into existing curricula and how in best way prepare students for the new demands of the market in this field.
The day offered many interesting cases about how different universities in the Nordic region are working to get web accessibility on the agenda in university projects and curricula. The conference was a part of a project financed by Nordplus.
The conference was primarily aimed at higher education course and program managers, as well as teachers and students in IT, design and communication.
The speakers were partners in the project: Oslo Metropolitan University, Laurea University, Lund University, Denmark Technical University, Funka and IAAP Nordic.
- IAAP Nordic and web accessibility - Frida Sandberg, IAAP Nordic
- Teaching Universal Design of ICT and Web Accessibility - Weiqin Chen, Professor at the Faculty of Technology, Art and Design at OsloMet
- Universal Design for learning, being and doing - Per-Olof Hedvall, PhD in Engineering, Associate Professor, Director of Research at Certec, Department of Design Sciences, Lund University
- Teaching Web Accessibility at Laurea University - Terhi Kärpänen, Senior Lecturer, Laurea University of Applied Sciences and Johanna Lathi, Development Manager, Laurea University of Applied Sciences
- Implementing universal design across The Technical University of Denmark - Line Nykjær Johansen, Project Coordinator, DTU Skylab, Technical University of Denmark and Dagny Valgeirsdottir, Post.doc., DTU Skylab, Technical University of Denmark
- Ongoing and upcoming projects on Web Accessibility in Higher Education - Sara Kjellstrand, Research Strategist, Funka